Stibus is the trade name of the public transport network of the Syndicat Mixte de Transports Urbains de la Sambre (SMTUS), the organizing authority for mobility, grouping 45 municipalities around Maubeuge, its main city, and with nearly 130,000 inhabitants.
This network was created in 1979. Since 2012, it has been operated by the SPLTISA (Société Publique Locale des Transports Intercommunaux de Sambre-Avesnois).
Stibus currently has:
- 1 bus line with high level of service (BHNS) partly on its own site (line 51)
- 10 regular urban lines
- 4 specific lines on Sundays and holidays
- 2 regular non-urban lines (lines 408 and 427)
- 1 international line Mons - Maubeuge (line 41)
- 1 shuttle to downtown Maubeuge (the Citadine)
- 9 intercity lines integrated into the network
- 2 transport lines on demand (TAD)
- 1 TAD network sectorized around the city of Aulnoye-Aymeries (Filobus)
- 86 special school-based special services